Friday, November 30, 2012

Quotes


“If music be the food of love, play on.” 
William Shakespeare 



“If I cannot fly, let me sing.” 
Stephen Sondheim



“I think people who truly can live a life in music are telling the world, ‘You can have my love, you can have my smiles. Forget the bad parts, you don’t need them. Just take the music, the goodness, because it’s the very best, and it’s the part I give most willingly” 
George Harrison



“Music, my rampart and my only one.” 
Edna St. Vincent Millay



“If you've lost your faith in love and music then the end won't be long.” 
Pete Doherty



“... songs, to me, were more important than just light entertainment. They were my preceptor and guide into some altered consciousness of reality. Some different republic, some liberated republic... whatever the case, it wasn't that I was anti-popular culture or anything and I had no ambition to stir things up. I just thought of mainstream culture as lame as hell and a big trick. It was like the unbroken sea of frost that lay outside the window and you had to have awkward footgear to walk with.” 
Bob Dylan



“Through music we may wander where we will in time, and find friends in every century.” 
Helen Thompson



“Don't be afraid, just play the music.” 
Charlie Parker



“You can't copy anybody and end with anything. If you copy, it means you're working without any real feeling. No two people on earth are alike, and it's got to be that way in music or it isn't music.” 
Billie Holiday



“Music, once admitted to the soul, becomes a sort of spirit, and never dies.” 
Edward Bulwer Lytton



“Music is a language that doesn’t speak in particular words. It speaks in emotions, and if it’s in the bones, it’s in the bones.” 
Keith Richards






No comments:

Post a Comment