Sunday, January 13, 2013

Quotes


“I would teach children music, physics, and philosophy; but most importantly music, for the patterns in music and all the arts are the keys to learning” 
Plato



“‎I hate happy music, that makes me sad. Sad music makes me happy.” 
Ville Valo



“It requires wisdom to understand wisdom: the music is nothing if the audience is deaf.” 
Walter Lippmann



“The most exciting rhythms seem unexpected and complex, the most beautiful melodies simple and inevitable.” 
W.H. Auden



“Music links us humans, heart to heart...Across time and space, and life and death.” 
Nancy Werlin



“How far is too far? When you love a band so much that its songs fill the empty spaces inside your head and heart, is that too far?” 
Bert Murray



“I have always been resistant to doctrine, and any spirituality I had experienced thus far in my life had been much more abstract and not aligned with any recognized religion. For me, the most trustworthy vehicle for spirituality had always proven to be music. It cannot be manipulated, or politicized, and when it is, that becomes immediately obvious.” 
Eric Clapton



“We have a lot of questions, and we want to understand.
Music helps with that. Music helps with everything.” 
Lisa Schroeder



"There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark.” 
Roger Waters



“Take a music bath once or twice a week for a few seasons. You will find it is to the soul what a water bath is to the body.” 
Oliver Wendell Holmes



“I tried to look at writing a song almost like solving a mystery. The song was there, buried somewhere in my brain. All I had to do was follow the clues until I figured it out.” 
Jon Skovron



“Music is spiritual. The music business is not.” 
Van Morrison



No comments:

Post a Comment