Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Quotes

“When I am ..... completely myself, entirely alone... or during the night when I cannot sleep, it is on such occasions that my ideas flow best and most abundantly. Whence and how these ideas come I know not nor can I force them.” 
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart


“Music is a language that doesn’t speak in particular words. It speaks in emotions, and if it’s in the bones, it’s in the bones.” 
Keith Richards


“I declare that The Beatles are mutants. Prototypes of evolutionary agents sent by God, endowed with a mysterious power to create a new human species, a young race of laughing freemen.” 
Timothy Leary


“It was sad music. But it waved its sadness like a battle flag. It said the universe had done all it could, but you were still alive.” 
Terry Pratchett


“The hungry and the haunted explode in a rock'n'roll band.” 
Bruce Springsteen


“I remembered Owen telling me how music had saved him in Phoenix, that it drowned everything out, and it was the same for me now. As long as I had something to listen to, I could blur the things I didn't want to think about, if not block them out completely.” 
Sarah Dessen


“America: It's like Britain, only with buttons.” 
Ringo Starr


“A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians.” 
Frank Zappa


“Words make you think. Music makes you feel. A song makes you feel a thought.” 
Yip Harburg


“My music is the spiritual expression of what I am — my faith, my knowledge, my being...When you begin to see the possibilities of music, you desire to do something really good for people, to help humanity free itself from its hangups...I want to speak to their souls.” 
John Coltrane


“The rock and roll business is pretty absurd, but the world of serious music is much worse.” 
Frank Zappa


“Music is forever; music should grow and mature with you, following you right on up until you die. ” 
Paul Simon


“I refuse to believe that Hendrix had the last possessed hand,
that Joplin had the last drunken throat,
that Morrison had the last enlightened mind.” 
Patti Smith


“In music the passions enjoy themselves.” 
Friedrich Nietzsche


“Philosophy is the highest music.” 
Plato


“At first the music almost repelled me, it was so intense, and this man made no attempt to sugarcoat what he was trying to say, or play. It was hard-core, more than anything I had ever heard. After a few listenings I realized that, on some level, I had found the master, and that following this man's example would be my life's work.” 
Eric Clapton


“Music can elevate man to new heights. Especially elevator music. 
” 
Jarod Kintz









No comments:

Post a Comment