Friday, December 14, 2012

Quotes


“Well, I sort of don’t trust anybody who doesn’t like Led Zeppelin.” 
Jack White



“Music is the soundtrack of our lives.” 
Dick Clark




“Poetry, plays, novels, music, they are the cry of the human spirit trying to understand itself and make sense of our world.” 
Laura Malone Elliott



“I play until my fingers are blue and stiff from the cold, and then I keep on playing. Until I'm lost in the music. Until I am the music--notes and chords, the melody and harmony. It hurts, but it's okay because when I'm the music, I'm not me. Not sad. Not afraid. Not desperate. Not guilty.” 
Jennifer Donnelly



“...A strange art – music – the most poetic and precise of all the arts, vague as a dream and precise as algebra.” 
Guy de Maupassant



“Music gives color to the air of the moment.” 
Karl Lagerfeld



“My ambition was to live like music.” 
Mary Gaitskill



“Words make you think. Music makes you feel. A song makes you feel a thought.” 
Yip Harburg



“My music is the spiritual expression of what I am — my faith, my knowledge, my being...When you begin to see the possibilities of music, you desire to do something really good for people, to help humanity free itself from its hangups...I want to speak to their souls.” 
John Coltrane



“Music, of all the arts, stands in a special region, unlit by any star but its own, and utterly without meaning ... except its own.” 
Leonard Bernstein



“The rock and roll business is pretty absurd, but the world of serious music is much worse.” 
Frank Zappa



“Sounds travel through space long after their wave patterns have ceased to be detectable by the human ear: some cut right through the ionosphere and barrel on out into the cosmic heartland, while others bounce around, eventually being absorbed into the vibratory fields of earthly barriers, but in neither case does the energy succumb; it goes on forever - which is why we, each of us, should take pains to make sweet notes.” 
Tom Robbins



“I refuse to believe that Hendrix had the last possessed hand,
that Joplin had the last drunken throat,
that Morrison had the last enlightened mind.” 
Patti Smith



“Music defines us, for it shapes our souls and minds.” 
Jessica Carroll



“Music is forever; music should grow and mature with you, following you right on up until you die. ” 
Paul Simon





No comments:

Post a Comment